And the Award for the BEST EMPIRE OF THE EARLY FERTILE CRESCENT EMPIRES goes to...
Why were they so awesome, you ask?
1. They admired the Sumerian culture and tried to preserve it, which is vital in history.
2. They developed a strong interest and educated people in astronomy. They were among the firsts to gain a strong interest for the world outside their own.
3. King Nebuchadnezzar II was both a warrior and builder.
4. He built multistoried ziggurats.
5. His grand palace held the famous Hanging Gardens (one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World).
6. They built temples to Sumerian gods and studied their language.
7. Through the astronomy, they were able to track economic, political, adn weather events.
8. The Chaldeans swooped in and picked up the pieces from the Assyrian Empire.