1. The SUMERIANS acrose in the Tigris-Euphrates valley.
2. The Sumerians invented the ARCH.
3. Brick, man-made Sumerian temples were called ZIGGURATS.
4. Ur, Erech, & Kish were Sumerian CITY-STATES, heavily populated.
5. Sumerians practiced POLYTHEISM, or the belief in many gods.
6. The AKKADIANS were Mesopotamian people who conquered the Sumerians!
7. The first people to smelt iron were the HITTITES.
8. The origional king of the Amorites, who migrated into Mesopotamia, was HAMMURABI.
9. CYPRUS THE GREAT was the Persian King who captured Babylon and took over the Fertile Crescent.
10. SARGON was the most powerful Akkadian King.
11. Present day Israel, Lebanon, & Syria were once called PHOENICIA.
12. Phoenicians invented the art of GLASS-BLOWING!
13. The Phoenicians developed the ALPHABET.
14. The LYDIANS were the first people to use coined money.
15. Phoenician sculptors often used IVORY!